This “JNB Rising Star Award” recognizes outstanding and interdisciplinary scientific achievements in nanobiotechnology (https://jnanobiotechnology.biomedcentral.com/about) by a young independent researcher. The award recipients must have demonstrated themselves to be exceptionally capable researchers with superb potential to become future leaders in the field of nanobiotechnology.
Two winners will be selected this year.
Eligibility and selection criteria:
- The nominee shall not have reached their 40th birthday by the time the award is given (January 15, 2022)
- The winners will be selected based on scientific achievements in nanobiotechnology
- The nominee must hold a tenure-track, tenured, or equivalent independent faculty position for at least 2 years by the time of nomination
- The award winner will be waived the article-processing charge, if they submit a research or review manuscript to JNB within 12 months as a senior author. Manuscript submission is optional, and it will undergo a rigorous peer-review process.
Nominations must be submitted directly to Helen Whitaker (E-mail: Helen.Whitaker@springernature.com) by October 15, 2021. Peer- and organizational- nominations are welcome, the nominator should ensure that the nominee agrees to be nominated. Self-nomination is not allowed. The nomination package (assembled into a single PDF file in the following order, named as “JNB Rising Star Award – Nominee Name”) must include:
(1) A nomination letter (2-page maximum) that includes a brief research summary of the nominee, highlighting key research discoveries in nanobiotechnology and their impact
(2) Curriculum Vitae of the nominee (5-page maximum) including birth date, education, appointments, honors & awards, and a list of up to 40 relevant publications in nanobiotechnology
(3) Letter of support from one established scientist (cannot be the nominator) in nanobiotechnology research, who is familiar with the nominee’s research and qualifications
(4) A letter to confirm the nominee’s tenure-track, tenured, or equivalent independent faculty position for at least 2 years, by Department Chair or authorized institutional official
Nomination packages that do not meet the above requirement will not be considered. The information you provide will only be used for consideration of the Award. The decision of the Journal of Nanobiotechnology (JNB) Award Committee is final and no enquiries will be entertained.
We look forward to receiving your nominations.
Weibo Cai, University of Wisconsin - Madison, USA (Editor-in-Chief)
Fernando Patolsky, University of Tel Aviv, Israel (Editor-in-Chief)
Helen Whitaker, Springer Nature, United Kingdom
Journal of Nanobiotechnology is an open access peer-reviewed journal communicating scientific and technological advances in the fields of medicine and biology, with an emphasis on their interface with nanoscale sciences. The journal provides biomedical scientists and the international biotechnology business community with the latest developments in the growing field of nanobiotechnology.
Read the full aims and scope here.
Discover our new journal metrics!
• 2-year Impact Factor: 10.435
• 5-year Impact Factor: 9.151
• Source Normalized Impact per Paper (SNIP): 1.78
• SCImago Journal Rank (SJR): 1.629