- Retraction Note
- Open Access
Retraction Note to: Synthesis, characterization and in vitro studies of doxorubicin-loaded magnetic nanoparticles grafted to smart copolymers on A549 lung cancer cell line
© The Author(s) 2019
- Published: 19 January 2019
The original article was published in Journal of Nanobiotechnology 2012 10:46
The Editors have retracted this article  because Fig. 6a and c have been used in three other publications to represent scanning electron micrographs of different nanoparticles [2–4]. The data reported in this article are therefore unreliable. In addition, Fig. 3 was reproduced from  with retrospective permission and the credit line should read as follows: “Reprinted from Acta Biomaterialia, Volume 3, Zhang, J. and Misra, R.D.K., Magnetic drug-targeting carrier encapsulated with thermosensitive smart polymer: core–shell nanoparticle carrier and drug release response, pp. 838–850, copyright (2007) with permission from Acta Materialia Inc. Authors Abolfazl Akbarzadeh, Maryam Anzaby, Soodabeh Davaran, Sang Woo Joo and Mohammad Samiei agree to this retraction. Authors Younes Hanifehpour and Hamid Tayefi Nasrabadi have not responded to any correspondence about this retraction.
Springer Nature remains neutral with regard to jurisdictional claims in published maps and institutional affiliations.
Open AccessThis article is distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/), which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided you give appropriate credit to the original author(s) and the source, provide a link to the Creative Commons license, and indicate if changes were made. The Creative Commons Public Domain Dedication waiver (http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/) applies to the data made available in this article, unless otherwise stated.
- Akbarzadeh A, Samiei M, Joo SW, Anzaby M, Hanifehpour Y, Nasrabadi HT, Davaran S. Synthesis, characterization and in vitro studies of doxorubicin-loaded magnetic nanoparticles grafted to smart copolymers on A549 lung cancer cell line. J Nanobiotechnol. 2012;10:46.View ArticleGoogle Scholar
- Akbarzadeh A, Mikaeili H, Zarghami N, Mohammad R, Barkhordari A, Davaran S. Preparation and in vitro evaluation of doxorubicin-loaded Fe3O4 magnetic nanoparticles modified with biocompatible copolymers. Int J Nanomed. 2012;7:511–26.Google Scholar
- Ebrahimnezhad Z, Zarghami N, Keyhani M, Amirsaadat S, Akbarzadeh A, Rahmati M, Mohammad Taheri Z, Nejati-Koshki K. Retracted article: Inhibition of hTERT gene expression by silibinin-loaded PLGA-PEG-Fe3O4 in T47D breast cancer cell line. Bioimpacts. 2013;3(2):67–74.PubMedPubMed CentralGoogle Scholar
- Hosseininasab S, Pashaei-Asl R, Khandaghi AA, Nasrabadi HT, Nejati-Koshki K, Akbarzadeh A, Joo SW, Hanifehpour Y, Davaran S. Synthesis, characterization, and in vitro studies of PLGA-PEG nanoparticles for oral insulin delivery. Chem Biol Drug Des. 2014;84(3):307–15.View ArticleGoogle Scholar
- Zhang J, Misra RDK. Magnetic drug-targeting carrier encapsulated with thermosensitive smart polymer: core-shell nanoparticle carrier and drug release response. Acta Biomater. 2007;3(6):838–50.View ArticleGoogle Scholar